At Mission San Juan Capistrano and gardens, the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors is our number one priority. In accordance with state and local guidelines, the Museum will abide by routines and requirements to help ensure we do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.
A visit to the Mission should be an enjoyable and memorable experience. To preserve that opportunity, we expect everyone to be respectful of each other.
Code of Conduct
Mission San Juan Capistrano is committed to providing a safe, and welcoming environment for all and we ask that visitors abide by the following:
In accordance with state and local guidelines, facial covering is no longer required on the Mission grounds. Guests who are not fully vaccinated are recommended by the CDC to wear a face covering and observe social distancing.
• A bandana, a face shield, a mesh/lace mask covering or other creative endeavors are not permitted at our facility as a substitution for a face covering.
• No simultaneous eating, drinking, and walking.
• Mission grounds are historic and uneven. PLEASE WATCH YOUR STEP.
• No smoking or vaping on the grounds.
• No alcohol permitted onsite during daily operating hours.
• No chewing gum.
• Do not climb, stand on, or write on historic walls, arches or fountains.
• Do not tease the fish in the fountains.
• Please put all trash in trash bins.
• No tripods allowed.
• Always stay on the designated pathways.
• Stay off closed paths and designated closed areas.
• Temporary area closures may be in place at any time, please follow the detour routes your safety. We regret any inconvenience.
• As a family-oriented and religious site, proper dress attire is required. Graphic and transparent garments are not permitted.
If you begin to feel ill or find that you need medical assistance, please visit Guest Services at the Main Entrance for help.
For emergencies, dial 9-1-1. Our address is 26801 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, 92675. Please notify Guest Services of any incident, accidents, or emergency as soon as possible. Emergency and first aid kids are available as noted on the map. In case of fire or earthquake, please exit through the Gate House as noted on the map.
Support Mission San Juan Capistrano and Save!
Member benefits include free daily admission and other exclusive perks.: Join