St. Joseph’s Day and the Return of the Swallows Celebration
March 19, 2025 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
St. Joseph’s Day and the Return of the Swallows Celebration is a world-renowned tradition celebrating the annual return of the famous swallows to Capistrano. This tradition was started by Father O’Sullivan in the 1920s at Mission San Juan Capistrano, historic California landmark and home of the swallows, and is carried each year on March 19th.
Typical highlights of the day include:
• Ringing of the historic bells
• Live Mariachi music
• Community presentations
• Native American Storytelling
• Flamenco dance performance
• History of St. Joseph’s Day and Swallows Legend
• Virtual Lecture on the State of the Swallows
• Coloring Pages
• Complimentary Tours
• Craft Station for Kids and more!
Event schedule coming soon! Tickets go on sale beginning February 1.