The Mission’s Preservation Foundation, leadership, and design team aim to provide the community with a project it can be proud of for generations to come and will include:
- Relocating the existing, privately operated, gift shop use to the corner, making the historic Sala available for future museum space
- Constructing a new ticket booth and welcome area for guests
- Relocating and constructing a new group entry
- Installing trees, benches, and landscaping to be enjoyed by the public
- Rehabilitating the historically significant 1919 Original Gate House in accordance with the Department of Interior’s Standards for the Care and Treatment of Historically Significant Buildings.
Artist Rendering of Future Gate House, Circa 2014
Click here to download Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to download an information packet about the Gate House Preservation Project
MAKE A DIFFERENCE, GET INVOLVED TODAY!
Many ways to donate:
- Contact: Mission Preservation Foundation Board of Directors (949) 234-1311, George O'Connell, President (949) 234-1311, Mechelle Lawrence-Adams (949) 234-1311 or Barb Beier (949) 234-1323
- Visit Guest Services Desk for a pledge form
By mail, download donation form and mail with your gift:
Mission San Juan Capistrano Preservation Funds
26801 Ortega Hwy
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
For questions, please call Barb Beier at (949) 234-1323 or email email@example.com
Use your Ralphs Grocery Rewards Card
Every time you shop for groceries and swipe your card, the Mission will automatically start earning!