NEW HIRE EXPECTATIONS
Mission San Juan Capistrano Benefits:
- A great organization that prides itself on being the caretakers of the Mission.
- Being part of a productive workforce and positive team environment with supervisors who care about their employees.
- Regular dialog with executive leadership via staff meetings, management meetings, and employee events
- A sense of personal responsibility, stewardship and pride in making a difference.
- A sense of contributing to the world's heritage and its preservation.
- Opportunities to be at the table, to be involved and provide input on ways to improve the processes and operations.
- Excellent benefits including paid medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance as well as an employer provided pension plan for eligible employees.
- Paid time off including holidays, two personal days, vacation and sick time for eligible employees.
- Opportunity to participate in an employee 403(b) retirement account.
- Bi-weekly payroll with donuts each payday.
- A fun, but productive work environment, working alongside staff who share mutual goals of attaining high levels of excellence and continuous improvement to programs and processes.
- Beautiful surroundings mixing 18th century architecture with the freshness of lush gardens.
Should you accept employment at the Mission, these are the Non-negotiable expectations:
- Professional appearance: clean, neat and appropriate business casual attire; assigned uniforms as appropriate for the position; no visible tattoos or piercings (other than ears).
- Treating everyone with respect and as equals - co-workers, management, volunteers, guests, business and community partners.
- Optimistic, can-do attitude and the desire for continuous improvement and positive resolutions.
- Willingness to see projects through to completion.
- Willingness to work hard, not just show up.
- Willingness to work with your co-workers to make a difference - no lone rangers.
- A sense and dedication that the guest or customer experience is critically important.
- Willingness to pick up trash if you see it on the grounds.
- An appreciation that operations are on-going and communication is needed at all times.
- Reliable transportation - show up for work on time and ready to go.
- Dependable attendance - advanced communications for requested time off and coverage for your shift to ensure coverage and operations are not impacted.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and "off" hours, when needed.
- Willingness to participate and/or support employee events and celebrations.
- No destructive or negative behavior.
- No drugs at any time.