Mission

ABOUT US

Mission San Juan Capistrano, historic landmark and museum is the Birthplace of Orange County, was founded more than two hundred years ago as the 7th of 21 missions statewide, and one with a chapel still standing where Fr. Serra once celebrated Mass.

Today it is a monument to California's multi-cultural history, embracing its Native American, Spanish, Mexican and European heritage. Originally built as a self sufficient community by Spanish Padres and Native Americans, the Mission was a center for agriculture, industry, education and religion.

Executive Director's Message
A message from our Executive Director at Mission San Juan Capistrano

Mission

The Mission Preservation Foundation Board of Directors are committed to raising funds for specialized and comprehensive preservation work to ensure Mission San Juan Capistrano remains the most significant historic site in Orange County.

The Board includes:

PRESIDENT
George O'Connell
O’Connell Landscape Maintenance

SECRETARY/TREASURER
William Cvengros
Chairman
National Retirement Partners, Inc.

Wylie A. Aitken, Esq.
Aitken • Aitken • Cohn

Bruce Brainerd
General Manager
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel

Vicky Carabini
Monex Precious Metals

Don Dorkowski
Dondee Company LLC

Reverend Monsignor Arthur A. Holquin
Pastor and Rector Emeritus
Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano

Reverend Monsignor J. Michael McKiernan
Rector/Pastor
Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano

Paul Mikos
President
PsomasFMG

Anthony R. Moiso
President and Chief Executive Officer
Rancho Mission Viejo

Connie Spenuzza
Vice Chair
Imperial Manufacturing Company

Madeline Swinden
Founding Chair, Mission Benefit Gala

Gretchen Stroscher Thomson
President
Stroscher Capistrano, LLC

EJ Tracy
Chairwoman
Tracy Industries

Mechelle Lawrence-Adams
Executive Director
Mission San Juan Capistrano

Former Members:
Arthur B. Birtcher
Tony Forster
Michael Hagan
Lula Halfacre
Michael J. Puntoriero
Myron Sukut

For the mass schedules at Mission San Juan Capistrano Basilica and Serra Chapel 
click here 
or please contact the Parish Office at (949) 234-1360.

The Mission is a registered Historic Landmark & designated a National Historical Treasure.